There are certain laws setup by the CAA for Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPAS). You’ll either be operating under Hobby laws (Private use) or commercial laws.

  • To purchase a drone, you do not need a drone license.
  • For hobby use, you do not need a drone licence.
  • For commercial use, you need a drone licence.

Private use or Hobby laws can be termed as follows by the CAA: For private operation, RPAS may only be used for an individuals personal and private purposes where there is no commercial outcome, interest or gain.

We are in partnership with ProWings South Africa & RPAS Academy, the first CAA approved Drone schools in South Africa.

Please contact or 011 886 0190 for more information.